POWr Social Media Icons

Saturday, 21 March 2015

† Health † Matcha Tropical Drink recipe

Teapigs' Matcha powder is a titan amongst teas. It really revolutionized how much health benefits I was getting from my tea consumption. My only problem with it? The taste. I don't think anyone would disagree with me that Matcha tea is very bitter and unpleasant tasting. That said, I've remained determined to get the most out of this super-tea, no matter the flavour. I've done the whole shot-it-down with Matcha and warm water in a shotglass, and the whole dilute-it-in-water until you can hardly taste it... But neither of those are terribly appealing. I've been experimenting with different combinations, and I've finally come up with one I like! I thought I'd share it with you all, so that you can enjoy Matcha more :)


Teapigs Matcha; Little milk frother; Rubicon's Coconut Water




Ingredients: 

  • Teapigs' Matcha Powder
  • Coconut Water
  • Elderflower Cordial (optional)
  • Water


 First, take a teaspoon of Matcha powder and put it at 
 the bottom of a glass.
Then, pour a small amount of boiling water on it. 



Then, use one of those fancy milk frothing contraptions to blend the water and the Matcha together. In this way, you won't have any little clumps of powder floating around once your drink is ready. 

The little clumps are what will give you the bitter taste even if you've diluted it thoroughly; I learned the hard way... 
Once you've blended it sufficiently, pour in the coconut water. I tend to refrigerate it for at least an hour beforehand, because the freshness makes it even more enjoyable, and it means that the boiling water is obliterated.

If you want added tastiness, pour in a shot of Elderflower Cordial for a sweeter ensemble. It does make it yummier, but it goes some ways to making it less healthy. 

Finally, (I do this mainly to indulge in some Instagraming) pour it into a mason jar, pop a straw in, and you're ready to enjoy your refreshing, healthy drink!!


Please let me know if you try it out, and what you think!

Peace out xxx

4 comments:

  1. I have never been a fan of coconut water. But maybe I would like it like this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the I mainly do this for Instagraming!! I do the same hahah. I've heard so much about tea pigs but never tried them. I'll have to check em out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard about Matcha but haven't tried it yet and I am a little bit scared but I definitely need to heard so many good things about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had some Matcha tea before but I've never used coconut water with it. I bet it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete